These "Coconut Love Me Tenders" are a much healthier and more delicious version of deep fried chicken tenders. Super juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, they are a sure crowd pleaser. And the best part is, they're quick and easy to prepare. A great dinner for a weekday night...and if you make extra, you'll have leftovers for lunch! Enjoy :-)
1 pound chicken tenders1 cup fat free buttermilk
1 large egg
1.5 cups flour
2 cups organic unsweetened coconut
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash and pat dry chicken tenders and season with salt and pepper.
3. In separate bowl, beat egg and buttermilk well. Place flour and coconut onto two separate dishes.
4. Take each chicken tender, dredge in flour (make sure to shake of excess), then dip in buttermilk/egg mixture and finally dredge in coconut.
5. In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high and saute for approximately 5-7 minutes on one side or until nicely browned. Then flip and saute another ~5 minutes or until browned.
6. Place into pre-heated oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh basil if desired and serve with your favorite Asian dipping sauce!