Experimenting in the kitchen late at night led me to this ridiculously delicious recipe for blueberry muffins. They are moist, packed with blueberries, simple to make and a much smarter alternative to the typical buttery one that will leave you feeling heavier and unhealthier. And I promise they're not only as delicious, but more so. Try them and you'll see!
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup olive oil
1 apple (I used McIntosh)
1.5 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. After washing and peeling your apple, cut it into slices and place into a bowl with about 1/4 cup water. Microwave on high for ~2-3 minutes until apples are soft. Place into blender with 1/4 cup soymilk and puree.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until batter is smooth.
3. Coated each muffin cup with with olive oil.
4. Pour batter into each muffin cup not filling
completely (leave ~1 cm space at the top).
5. Bake for 40 minutes, remove and cool.
From my kitchen to yours, enjoy these scrumptious treats guilt-free :-)