Healthy, satisfying and so easy! Enjoy this tasty portabella burger from my kitchen to yours!
Ingredients:2 large portabella mushroom caps
3 red onion slices, 1/4 inch thick
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1 English muffin cut in half
2 slices Asiago cheese
1/2 avocado sliced
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a Pyrex dish. Add portabella caps and onion slices and marinate for 30-60 minutes in the fridge.
2. Once finished marinating, set oven to broil. Next, place mushroom caps and onions onto a baking sheet and brush with marinade:
3. Place in oven and broil for 3 minutes on one side, then flip and broil for 3 more minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Toast English muffin. Place Asiago slice on each half and microwave each for ~12 seconds until cheese is melted.
5. Place portabella cap on each cheesy muffin half....top with a red onion slice and then avocado and ENJOY! :-)
PS- instead of marinating in rosemary, top final product with fresh basil